Health & Safety
Health and Safety Policy – Our Commitment
The Management of TIES LTD is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for its staff, contractors, sub-contractors, visitors and all persons using the premises as a place of work and all work sites where workers are engaged by or on behalf TIES LTD, including volunteers.
To ensure a safe and healthy work environment, management will develop and maintain a Health & Safety Management System. Specifically, management will:
- Meet our obligations under the Health Safety at Work Act 2015 its Amendments, Codes of Practice and any relevant Standards or Guidelines;
- Set Health & Safety objectives and performance criteria for all Managers and work areas and bi-annually review Health & Safety objectives and Managers’ performance;
- Actively encourage the accurate and timely reporting and recording of all incidents and injuries;
- Investigate all reported incidents and injuries to ensure all contributing factors are identified and, where appropriate, plans are formulated to take corrective action;
- Provide and support a treatment and rehabilitation plan that ensures a safe, early and durable return to work and actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort;
- Identify all existing and new risks / hazards and take all reasonably practicable steps to eliminate, isolate or minimise the exposure to any hazards deemed to be significant;
- Ensure that all employees (workers) are made aware of the risks / hazards in their work area and are adequately trained to enable them to perform their duties in a safe manner;
- Encourage employee (worker) consultation and participation in all matters relating to Health and Safety;
- Promote a system of continuous improvement, including the annual review of policies and procedures;
- Ensure every Manager, Supervisor, Foreperson or Team Leader has a responsibility for the Health & Safety of those employees (workers) working under their direction;
- Each employee (worker) is expected to play a vital and responsible role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace;
- Consult with unions and other nominated employee (worker) representatives to manage Health & Safety.